Department of Veterans Affairs Evidence Intake Center – Everything You Should Know

You have submitted your disability claim to the VA and then get a letter from the VA Evidence Intake Center. Now, you may question yourself what the letter might entail and if it is a good or a bad thing.

In most cases, getting a letter from the Evidence Intake Center is good news, as it means that your claim is getting through the review process. 

This article will answer some of your burning questions about the letters you may get from the EIC. In case you don’t get the answer for a specific type of mail, you could contact our experts at VA Disability Coach for help.  

What is the VA Evidence Intake Center?

The Evidence Intake Center (EIC) operates under the US Department of Veterans Affairs through an office in Wisconsin. This subsector of the VA processes disability compensation documents, and as a veteran, you are required to send your documents (such as evidence) to this office. 

After applying for a disability claim, you can expect letters from the EIC, which often contain notices about the progression of your claim. As a result, you will be able to know whether your claim is being processed and how long you may have to wait. 

Why Would I Get Letters from the EIC?

Most of the time, the Evidence Intake Center sends you a letter whenever they receive documents from you or your lawyer about your disability claim. Sometimes, there could be important information in these letters. 

What Do I Do With Letters from the EIC?

Many of the letters from the EIC may not contain significant information, and it can be prompted to just throw them out. However, that’s not a good idea because these letters can sometimes be important later. That’s why you should always save these mailings.


Even though letters from the VA Evidence Intake Center may not seem important, there are situations where you may need the information contained in those emails. As a result, it’s not only crucial to save these letters, but you should read them carefully as well or get your representative or lawyer to go through them.